Validation/Service Engineer Location; Manchester
Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Penguin Recruitment Ltd
Salary £30,000-£45,000+ benefits
My client is a market leading Water & Air Commissioning consultancy based in the North West and due to huge new contracts being signed within the NHS, they now require a Validation/Service Engineer to join their team in Manchester.
The company offer their services to a wide variety or private and public-sector clients from Water Hygiene, Water Treatment, Pre-Commission cleaning & Commissioning machinery. They work nationally and have a niche team of dedicated, multiskilled Engineers!
The ideal candidate will have 2 years' experience within the Critical Ventilation industry and have performed the following duties in Operating Theatres, Antiseptic Units & Cleanrooms within the NHS.
- Validating, Verifying & Testing Critical Ventilation Systems in accordance with relevant legislation((HTM)03-01) & hospital requirements
- DOP testing Hepa filters
- Record Room Lighting & Sound levels.
- Airflow & Pressure measurements Testing
- Microbiological Air Sampling
- AHU Audits
- Rebalancing Airflows
- Report Writing & delivering back to client- advising on remedials.
- Training Junior Engineers and developing skills of existing engineers less senior.
- Enforcing H&S
- Testing LEVs, MSC'S, Fume Cupboards, Isolators & Laminar flow cabinets
Along with being competent in all of the above, the role will also require;
- Exceptional knowledge of Hospital Legislation and experience working on NHS sites
- Strong knowledge of Ventilation, Ductwork & Air Systems and their market.
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Good relationship building skills
- Experience working at Consultancy level with the ability to advise, build & maintain business relationships
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Good time management
- Full UK driving license
As the role requires working on elevated risk sites, the successful applicant will need to have an enhanced DBS check and no criminal record along with flexibility to work unusual shifts & nationally.
Salary; £30,000-£45,000 + vehicle, mobile, laptop, pension and the opportunity to develop into a more senior position.
Contact Eva on or send your CV to for consideration.