Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd
Sir Robert McAlpine is a UK-based family-owned building and civil engineering company. Established in 1869, we have been a ubiquitous construction leader over two centuries.
We are honoured to have worked on some of Britain's most iconic buildings and projects.
The values at the heart of our operations include a commitment to the highest standards of safety, quality, engineering excellence, sustainability, and an unswerving focus on the needs and aspirations of our clients.
Our aim is to make a positive impact on the communities and the environment in which we operate.
We believe being inclusive and nurturing a diversity of talent and skills will help us to continue our rich legacy of technical excellence to proudly build Britain's future heritage.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Southern Region working on an outstanding project in Woking. Victoria square is a £330m flagship mixed use scheme right in the heart of the town centre. It is a significant regeneration scheme and is being regarded as one of the most ambitious retail and residential development in the region.
You'll Report into the Senior Project Manager and be responsible for overseeing the timely execution and completion of both the pre-construction and construction phases of the project. You will have full ownership of and responsibility and accountability for your development within the project.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Reporting to the Senior Project Manager on a regular basis on the progress and performance of the project
- Ensuring the management of the project in accordance with the Company Management System (CMS) Managing the project to meet the company's objectives in terms of cost and programme
- Producing and maintaining the contract programme
- Producing and maintaining the procurement schedule
- Constructing the work to the specified quality, safely and without risk to the environment in accordance with the contract programme
- Preparing contact progress reports as and when required by the client
- Where relevant, work with the Project Director to deliver part of the overall project/development
The right person for this role will be able to immerse themselves into the project and work collaboratively with the team. We are looking for someone who is results driven and strives to progress the project proficiently whilst maintaining high quality and safety standards.
What Skills and Knowledge are essential?
- Significant experience within the construction industry
- Proven experience in managing construction activities
- A technical, engineering background
- Good knowledge of construction processes, means and methods
- Good knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Knowledge and understanding of forms of contract, (e.g NEC3, JCT D&B)
- Familiarity with construction software packages
- Ability to plan and see the bigger picture
- Leadership and people management skills
What Qualifications are essential?
Degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field
Relevant Construction Skills Certificate Card
What's in it for me?
We offer excellent benefits for our employees including a Contributory Pension and Life Assurance Scheme, discounted gym membership, staff discounts, 25 days holiday per year plus statutory holidays, Cycle to Work Scheme, private healthcare and an Employee Assistance Programme. With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a family-owned company which treats its people with courtesy and respect.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Tank Recruitment Limited
TDA Recruitment Ltd
TDA Recruitment Ltd