Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Dinex Clamps Ltd
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Salary: £25 - 30k, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Dinex is a manufacturer of complete exhaust systems for trucks, buses and industrial vehicles. An opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join this global automotive company who are experiencing year on year consistent growth and are planning to expand significantly. Based at Dinex Clamps Ltd at Warrington, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer to develop new skills, take part in product developments on site and develop into a key member of the business.
Job Description - Design Engineer:
The Design Engineer will be responsible for generating technical drawings and quotations to support the Group Sales Managers and for creating new stock records, route cards and BOM's on the ERP system. This role will concentrate on the design of clamps and fastenings which are manufactured on site. It will involve everything from updating existing products and tooling, developing new designs for customers right through to the validation of the new products. Reporting to the Senior Design Engineer, you will need to be able to progress and communicate product developments to ensure we can deliver projects and objectives on time.
• Create CAD drawings using Solidworks
• Reverse engineer components/assemblies to meet customer specifications
• Set up BOM's and routings for parts as per the Dinex procedures
• Cooperate with other departments during the product development phase
• Support Sales and Product Managers in response to customer enquiries
• Conduct presentations and/or product training with sales staff and/or customers
• Help identify necessary product or process improvements
• Identify and resolve technical problems and liaise with customers and suppliers
Qualifications and requirements:
• A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
• At least 3 years' experience in engineering design with a knowledge of materials
• Skilled user of Solidworks
• Excellent team player able to communicate well with management and staff
• Good analytical skills and the ability to organise and plan activities independently
• An action-oriented, self-driven personality and fast learner
• Fluent in oral and written English with great communication skills.
If you have the skills and experience we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please forward your up to date CV along with a relevant cover letter of one paragraph, explaining why you should be considered for this role.
No agencies please!