Senior Bioinformatician (m/f)
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Ares Genetics GmbH a Curetis Group Company
Ares Genetics ( ARES ) is a Vienna based digital health start-up that develops and commercializes next generation solutions for the diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). ARES builds on ARESdb, likely the world's most comprehensive proprietary databases on the genetics of AMR and its ARES Technology Platform, a unique artificial intelligence powered bioinformatics AMR platform. ARES recently initiated the development of in vitro workflows and set-up of an R&D and service laboratory in Vienna for the development of ARESupa, a Universal Pathogenome Assay for rapid diagnosis of infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistances based on next generation sequencing.
For this R&D and service laboratory, we are currently searching for aSenior Bioinformatician (m/f/d) (Ref.-No.: )
for a staff function role in unlimited full-time employment at Ares Genetics in Vienna.
This position reports to the Head of Bioinformatics & Analytics. In your role as Senior Bioinformatician, you will help to design and create innovative software solutions for genetic antibiotic resistance and susceptibility testing and prediction. You will work closely with international partners to analyse genomics data, implement state-of-the art data processing workflows, bioinformatics pipelines and analytics solutions. You will guide and contribute to the development of intuitive applications and interfaces for clinicians, infectious disease specialists and microbiologists to derive actionable results from high-dimensional sequencing data. You will provide accurate scoping and estimation of software and analytics projects based on product requirements and your profound understanding of the relevant bioinformatics and data science tools.What you bring with you…
- An academic education in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or other related disciplines
- Experience in NGS methods and NGS data analysis as well as the computing infrastructure, data management methods and database technologies to support NGS and large-scale data analytics
- Expertise in data analytics and machine learning using common libraries and frameworks and strong programming skills in Python and R
- Experience with bioinformatics in microbiology
- Background in software development and IT architecture on Linux systems
- A self-starter mentality with an independent and reliable way of working
- An open and communicative mentality
- The conscious decision to work as a team player in an innovative and dynamic start-up
- Business-fluent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of German is an advantage, but not a requirement
- A varied and exciting challenge in one of the most innovative and rapidly growing segments of the healthcare industry
- A young, dynamically growing company with short decision pathways and a flat hierarchy
- An inspirational environment at one of Europe's most prominent biotech clusters
- An attractive and competitive salary package
For legal reasons, we are obliged to inform you, that the salary package for this position starts at gross € 42,000 / year. Our salaries are nonetheless oriented towards market-based salaries depending on your relevant professional expertise and may be significantly higher.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application. Please include the reference number and preferably submit it electronically to
Find further information on ARES here
Ares Genetics GmbH