Junior Asset Manager -1781
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by The MIL Corporation (MIL)
The MIL Corporation seeks a Junior Asset Manager to support a Federal Government client at our Washington DC, locations.
• Maintains records and databases containing information regarding license, warranties (working with vendors), and service agreements for the organization's hardware.
• Work with other IT staff to manage the process for controlling reporting on IT assets and quality control of such assets throughout their lifecycle.
• Process shipping and receiving USPS label requests.
• Perform inventory and reconcile all newly received IT assets against purchase order information.
• Record the description, serial number, customer name, barcode, vendor information, and location of all deployed/received equipment in Remedy or other asset tracking system.
• Barcode IT equipment; perform annual physical inventory verifying information in database is accurate.
• Track and manage all DO hardware related warranties through Remedy or other specified asset database.
• Work with vendor to process broken items through their warranty program
• Ensure that equipment from unassigned workstations are removed from the floor and placed back into inventory.• Work with Customer to process disposal. Identify broken/obsolete IT equipment, sanitize each asset to meet security/EPA standards, palatalize and shrink wrap.
• CAMP - Certified Asset Manager
• General technical understanding of ITSM asset administration systems and processes with a focus on updating asset databases and tracking life cycle of hardware.
• Highly organized, with attention to detail to provide high-quality, accurate and consistent work; able to multitask.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Excellent oral and written communications.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Troubleshooting knowledge of PC hardware configurations, including network printers, and peripherals.
• Very effective troubleshooting skills.
• High level of customer service skills, and ability to fluctuate technical communication level to suit user's needs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Demonstrate ability to collaborate with various people and organizations in an effort to develop win/win results.
• Able to lift 50lbs.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust.
• US Citizen.
Desired QualificationsCertifications: CITAM, A+, Security+, HDI, ITIL Foundations 2011, CHAMP Education
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CB