Plant Superintendent (292100-836)
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Covia Corp.
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia's rich Legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Plant Superintendent who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its McIntyre, GA location.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* Support and promote Covia's Vision Statement
* Monitor and report production and consumption information preparation of the weekly OPSCON report
* Generate and revise, as needed, process instruction sheets for the plant Quality Improvement Program
* Promote Covia's Continuous Improvement Process through knowledge of all job contents, including own, as well as the technical aspects of all processes and equipment
* Convene and chair, Steering Team meetings in the absence of Plant Manager, or as directed in compliance with QIP, or to review and resolve specific problems or issues
* Manage costs by the appropriate utilization of local and corporate resources to maximize quality and productivity, promote high standards for housekeeping, improve yield, minimize waste, decrease equipment downtime, and eliminate customer complaints
* Direct timely and accurate root cause analyses for customer complaints and/or internal problem solving
* Monitor quality at all stages of the process to ensure products conform to customer specified requirements
* Plan production in a manner such that a sufficient quantity of in specification product is available for packaging and loading
* Ensure packaging and loading schedules are consistent with customer order requirements
* Coordinate maintenance activities using CMP, to properly maintain plant property and equipment, with minimal, adverse impact to production and loading requirements
* Review, code, and approve all purchase invoices
* Interview and select candidates for open, non-bid positions in the hourly group in accordance with corporate policy and local management rights
* Supervise the hourly group, the Shift Supervisors, and the Maintenance Supervisor
* Interview and select candidates for open supervisory positions in accordance with corporate policy and plant requirements
* Document and file records of all progressive disciplinary actions
* Identify training needs of reports and arrange for appropriate training
* Ensure compliance with MSHA regulations and Unimin Health and Safety Policies to prevent lost time from accident to injuries.
* Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* 5+ years of related heavy industry experience required. Mining or mineral processing experience strongly preferred.
* 2+ years of front line supervisory experience required.
* Must possess a bachelor's degree; technical or engineering degree strongly preferred.
* Union experience preferred.
* Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
* Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Disability, Life/AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
* Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
NO RECRUITER INQUIRIES PLEASE. All other inquiries should be directed to the Talent Acquisition team.