Apprentice Laboratory Technician
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by SOUTH DEVON COLLEGE.
Apprentice Laboratory Technician - BS651
Salary: £7,718 + excellent benefits
Contract Type: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, fixed term from 04/02/2019 until 30/06/2020
Location: Paignton, Devon
Do you want to work for an award winning and IIP Platinum Champion employer? Are you a motivated and energetic individual who wants to be part of an exciting and successful team? If the answer is 'yes', then South Devon College is the place for you. A south Devon College Apprenticeship means you will earn and learn with practical on-the-job-training, gaining real experience, with real responsibilities to allow you to develop your skills and talents - but don't worry our experienced team will be on hand to support you all the way. As part of this superb opportunity you will gain formal qualifications and take your first step on the road to success.
We are recruiting for an Apprentice Laboratory Technician to join the team here at the college. The successful candidate will prepare resources and equipment for the Sciences, ensuring that health & safety is maintained in the laboratories and practical areas. You will support staff and students in the laboratory environment by making sure equipment and resources are available. During your apprenticeship you will undertake a Level 3 Laboratory Technician qualification, with a combination of formal teaching sessions and on-the-job training.
You will need a CGSE Science qualification at grade C or above (4-9) or a Level 2 BTEC in Science at Merit or above, as well as GCSE Grade C or above (4-9) in maths and English. You will have experience of standard IT packages, be able to work with accuracy and high quality within tight timescales, and be a good communicator with staff and students. Ideally you will have a Health & Safety qualification and experience working with hazardous substances.
Many more reasons to work at South Devon College:
- Above average apprenticeship pay rate.
- A pro rata of 25 days holiday paid per year, plus Bank Holidays and additional College closure days
- Automatically enrolled into a great pension scheme which the College tops up your contribution with a further 12.5%. - worth £700 per year
- FREE Parking Permit or FREE Stagecoach Bus travel, which can be used year round on alternative routes
- FREE gym membership - saving £120 per year
- Staff discount via the NUS discount Card - covering many high street brands and local eateries.
- Fantastic progression opportunities - including a guaranteed interview for internal vacancies (if essential criteria are met)
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 3 rd February 2019
Interview Date: TBC Week commencing 5 th February 2019
To apply and for a full job description please visit the Jobs page of the South Devon College website.
Please note that you will be required to be in possession of an Enhanced DBS Certificate, or be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check as a condition of employment at the College.
This College is committed to Safeguarding/Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners, including children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.