Alternative Investments Business Manager
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Coverage
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The industry-leading hedge fund, private equity and real estate platform within Citi Investment Management has over $10 billion in client assets/commitments. The group identifies best-in-class underlying hedge funds, private equity, and real estate investment management firms and opportunities. For hedge funds, there are several types of fund offerings to private bank clients as well as to third-party distribution partners. These offerings include the HedgeForum platform, an access platform, the proprietary fund of funds (FOF's) and traditional hedge funds. For private equity and real estate funds, the client capital is either invested directly into the funds or via feeder vehicles and co-investment vehicles.
This position requires a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who will oversee strategic iniatives, accounting, product support and platform responsibilities for over 150 alternative investment funds. The responsibilities include:
• Govern relationships with internal / external service providers including third-party administrators, external auditors, general partners/directors, as well as with internal teams including Legal, Compliance, Operations, Finance, Product Management, Portfolio Management, Risk and Audit.
• Serve as regulatory subject matter expert and supervise compilation of fund and other related information from providers for completion of periodic regulatory reporting requirements for the registered investment advisor, such as Form ADV, Form PF, NFA CPO/CTA, AIFMD and other country-specific requirements (e.g. MAS).
• Partner with Legal and Compliance to ensure business guidelines in place to satisfy compliance with Volcker Rule, Bank Holding Company and other regulatory requirements.
• Partner with Product Management for the review/approval of investor transfer requests and liaise with Legal and General Partner/Director as needed.
• Maintain product information in a highly organized fashion - such as organization documents, daily, monthly and annual reports, and other product-related items.
• Lead process improvement, technology development and other ad hoc projects.
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
• 10+ years of experience with a focus on investment funds (private equity, real estate and hedge funds)
• Experience with product management, investor services, and/or middle office functions
• Knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance and reporting
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, work within tight deadlines and partner with colleagues effectively
• Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
• Strong interpersonal, communication (written and spoken), and organizational skills Alternative Investments Business Manager