Production Operative - Nights
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Manpower
A manufacturing company in Thame is looking for a Production Operative to work nights in Thame. Your role is to carry out production activities relating to the manufacturing components and assembly of products.
- Working with minimum supervision, work in any area of component manufacturing, product assembly, wiring and test as required to meet delivery requirements.
- Carryout component manufacturing, product assembly to meet requirements documented in build instructions, drawings, BOM's or other related documents.
- Ensure all activities satisfy Lucy quality standards or other applicable standards.
- Set up component manufacturing equipment (including EHRT, Plating line, power presses), product production areas, to ensure it is run efficiently and effectively to meet requirements.
- Maintain a safe, orderly and clean work area.
- Ensure safe working practices are carried out at all times.
- Ensure that all components and products are stored tidily and correctly identified.
- Accurately maintain production records, product records and other records.
- Liaise with Team Leaders and ensure stock levels are kept up to date.
- Ensure equipment is running efficiently/effectively with maximum use of material, resource and time.
- Maintain machinery and equipment as required by TPM programs.
- Alert the Production Manager or other appropriate staff of any plant or equipment maintenance issues.
- Take an active part in all team working and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Offer suggestions to the Team Leader/Line Manager that will improve the efficiency and safety of production areas and equipment.
- Raise awareness of manufacturing problems with the Production Manager and work with others to find and effectively implement solutions.
- Use ERP and Teamcenter to produce Bills of Materials (BOM) as required.
- Essential Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience setting up and using production equipment and efficiently.
- Previous experience assembling product.
- Can multi task successfully
- Good IT skills
- Ability to interpret BOMs and analyse and work to drawing
- Ability to problem solve process problems and identify root cause and suggest solutions
- If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, please click "Apply" for further consideration.
- Lean / Six sigma qualification and experience
- Knowledge of and experience of using ERP and Teamcenter or another CAD software.The use of hand vibrating tools may be required, ear, eye, and face protection and other PPE may need to be worn and Manual handling will be required. Salary of £25,222 is offered, plus 25 days holiday.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your cv or call .
- The role will be based at Thame UK late shift (14:00 to 22:00 Monday to Thursday, 13:00 am to 18:00 Friday).