Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by CBRE Global Workplace Solutions
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join the team located in London.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that Cooling Systems and domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of PPM task sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices 8 Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and clients staff.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
Key Skills / Experience / Education:
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
- Formally trained in mechanical services maintenance.
- 17th Edition electrical regulations
- Up to date skills on building management systems, ACOP's, fire and environmental control, building control, and health and safety.
- Formal health and safety training.
- Experience of maintaining Pumps, Motors and Valves Comprehensive mechanical and electrical engineering experience, undertaking reactive and planned preventative maintenance.
- Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations with regard to maintenance activities
- Good verbal communication skills
- Organised and with good written English skills Ability to learn, and develop both technical knowledge, and understanding or local organizational systems and processes.
- Character Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
- Able to make sound decisions when needed.
- Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
- Able to work at heights and on roofs.
- A team player, able to work with CBRE Managed Services and clients staff of all levels.