Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Blue Moon Recruitment
One of UK's leading manufacturing businesses are currently looking to appoint an experienced Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to their growing team based in Hemswell, Lincolnshire.
Shifts are 4 on 4 off (2 Days, 2 Nights, 4 Off)
Days - 6am to 6pm
Nights - 6pm to 6am
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you are responsible for providing engineering support to achieve the plant production targets and PPM completion rate to KPI target levels. The key responsibilities of this role are to actively take part in breakdown response, PPM and Continuous Improvement (CI) Initiatives. All tasks are to be carried out to the highest Engineering Standards, thus minimising any operational disruptions whilst maximising uptime of operational equipment.
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns are identified and subsequently rectified as quickly as possible.
- Assist the Shift Operations Manager in minimising machine down time by proposing and introducing improved maintenance programmes and continuous improvement ideas.
- Responsible for timely completion of all plant PPM schedules and to provide support for all site wide PPM programs.
- Practice and encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & Safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards.
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed.
- Ensure good communication avenues are prevalent between the Engineering Teams and the Operational teams.
- Work as part of a multi-functional Mechanical / Electrical on-site Team.
- Confidently able to work under pressure and deliver results to a defined deadline.
- Logical, analytical and excellent attention to detail.
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Flexible to work varied shift patterns (days and nights).
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a Multi Skilled Maintenance functions within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of fault finding, breakdown repairs, completion of Preventative Maintenance routines on both Mechanical & Electrical equipment.
- Continuous Improvement activities.
- Light Welding and Fabrication.
- Working knowledge of Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- Good academic qualifications (i.e. C&G, HNC / ONC in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent).
- Apprentice trained and qualified.
- Confined space trained would be beneficial but can be trained.