Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing
Electrical Maintenance Engineer based in Chorley. Working on a 4 on, 4 off continental shift pattern for a global company.
Berendsen is part of Elis, which as one group form a Pan-European textile, hygiene and facility service leader. They deliver value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions across 28 countries in Europe & Latin America and have more than 45,000 employees delivering these services to customers every single day. They are industry leaders because their customers appreciate their commitment to both quality and service.
Berendsen values the effort that every one of their 45,000 people puts in, day and night, to deliver an exceptional service. Nobody can match their understanding of the importance of innovations or the skills required to deliver them. Their customers know that partnering with Berendsen enables them to benefit from continuous improvements in efficiency and this translates directly into reduced costs and lower environmental impact. Berendsen in the UK has over 9,000 employees working at over 60 sites, making them a major UK employer.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide effective engineering support in terms of planned maintenance, breakdown repairs and remedial works to site equipment and buildings.
2. VISION AND VALUES
We take pride in doing what we're best at, delivering unsurpassed levels of service, so our customers can do what they're best at.
Determination - Caring - Empowerment - Teamwork
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure the Company's disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
- Ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
- Maintain knowledge of all spare parts on site for plant.
- To work within the procedures and standards as determined by the company's written standards.
4. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake planned maintenance tasks as instructed to the relevant engineering and safety standards.
- Undertake repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site are communicated to the Manager.
5. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All activities are carried out in accordance with the Site Health and Safety instructions and the SSG Health and Safety manual, as well as in accordance with relevant engineering standards.
- To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with Health and Safety Policies.
- To ensure that equipment provided for the protection of health and safety is maintained and used appropriately, and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To ensure that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
6. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIOUR
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the business
- Problem solving/analytical ability
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, possibly including night shift - this is a continental shift role, 4 on / 4 off.
- Must possess a recognised qualification relevant to the role and be a strong electrical maintenance engineer
- Skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical trades preferable - a strong engineering background, preferably in a FMCG or fast paced industrial manufacturing environment.
- Preferred knowledge of other engineering disciplines including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems.
£33,000 plus benefits