Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Baltic Recruitment Limited
Our client an established manufacturing business are looking to recruit an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their expanding team.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Carry out diagnostic and repair activities as necessary to ensure smooth operation of the plant.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained and updated.
- Develop & maintain the maintenance management systems.
- Undertake analysis of reoccurring problems and in conjunction with others in the department develop maintenance routines, modifications to reduce occurrences, expenditure and frequency of purchases.
- Participate and provide expert technical assistance to equipment projects to ensure they achieve the required performance, reliability and lead times.
- Ensure that all activities undertaken within the function meet Health & Safety requirements including workplace organisation working methods, equipment, environmental and housekeeping in all aspects of work.
- Educated to HNC/HND minimum. Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a Mechanical / Electrical discipline.
- 17th/18th Edition.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics, PLC, (Siemans / ABB / Mitsubishi).
- Experience of a working with heavy industry, preferably steel foundry, power press shop environment.
- Understanding of application of lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement practices.
- £25,000 - £27,000 per annum basic salary + 2.5K shift allowance.
- Hours of work: Initially Dayshift (8am-5pm Mon/Thur 8am-3pm Fri) for training and understanding of maintenance systems and requirements then, working a three-shift system:
- 6am - 2pm Monday through to Friday
- 2pm - 10pm Monday through to Friday
- 10pm - 6am Sunday through to Thursday
- Overtime will be required on weekend working on a rota basis.
- Overtime will be required to cover staff absence and holidays.
- Additional Benefits.