Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Armstrong Evans
A fantastic opportunity has become available for the role of a Applications Engineer/Manager. The role will require both office and onsite work activity. You will also be required to travel throughout the UK, Ireland, and possibly Europe in the performance of your duties with regular nights away.
Main Responsibilities of Applications Engineer/Manager:
- Address any gaps between the Electrical Safety Policy UK & Ireland and the companies Electrical Safety Policy (ESP) and amend where necessary in line with UK & Ireland legislation. As Designated Engineer you are then responsible for keeping the Electrical Safety Policy UK & Ireland up to date with changing regulations and changes in the business. This can be done in liaison with external companies where required.
- Appoint and authorise UK & Ireland employees to roles outlined in the Electrical Safety Policy including Senior Authorised Person (SAP), Authorised Person (AP) and Competent Person (CP).
- As Senior Authorised Person (SAP) for the UK & Ireland you will: Carry out HV switching, isolation and earthing on Customers systems, issue and cancel GenSet Permits-to-Work for work on HV Apparatus to Competent Persons (HV) or to self and take charge of a Working Party (HV) in accordance with Approved procedure 7. Carry out Risk Assessments, Issue Risk Assessed Test Certificates to self for testing on HV/LV transformers in accordance with Approved procedure 4 and assume the role of Person-in-Charge.
- Support the Installation in assuring contractual demands are met as well technical designs respected. This will require you to be on site for the project and visit throughout to ensure the smooth running.
- Evaluate technical performance of the site.
- Accountability for quality of work, cost control, timing and level of effort.
Requirements for the role consist of:
- Electro-technical engineering qualification - Minimum of HNC / HND or equivalent in an Electrical Engineering qualification. Previous experience in the industry will also be considered for this role.
- Knowledge of the set up and commissioning of Diesel & Gas powered generator sets, Loadbanks, LV & HV Transformers, modular cable & power distribution panel systems.
- Full understanding of set-up and operation of both Low Voltage & High Voltage power systems.
- Full understanding of electrical control systems, and a knowledge of setting up generator synchronising and load sharing controllers (Woodward EGCP2, DEIF AGC).
- CAD skills
- Good level of IT literacy (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Mathematics and English
- Good communication skills. Flexible attitude. Ability to discuss issues and solutions with customers, colleagues and be an active team leader during the onsite mobilisation of projects.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK & Ireland (and Europe) if required, sometimes at short notice with regular nights away.
- Must have a good 'Hands On' and flexible approach to the work.
In return the successful candidate can receive a package of:
- Salary between £37-44K
- Company Vehicle
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Potential discretionary bonus of 10% of annual salary