Facilities Operations Manager
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Mears
Are you a commercially driven Operations Manager with a background in Facilities? looking to join a successful and innovative nationwide business?
We are a market leader in providing housing services to the affordable housing sector, and a major presence in the homecare and support market. In housing, we repair and maintain around 15% of the social homes in the UK and we are increasingly focused on providing broader, affordable housing solutions.
"Managing change to deliver change"
Reporting to and assisting the Contracts Manager this is a varied role that focuses on the delivery of Facilities Management for a large Educational contract. With a portfolio of 10 Schools located in a 15 mile radius of Inverness this role involves a high level of relationship building across key communication channels.
So what would your day as an operations manager look like?
- Monitor, evaluate and control the use of sub-contractors, suppliers and the performance of labour resources.
- To ensure that all Reactive, Planned, Statutory and Non Statutory preventative maintenance programmes are completed on time and within budget.
- To attend client meetings as required.
- To complete works to enable the contract manager to manage the Profit and loss account and Budgets.
- To act at all times in accordance with Mears Group Policies, Processes and systems.
- Compliance with ISO9001, 14001 and 18001 at all times.
- To provide project management to all Lifecycle works.
- To assist in the preparation of bids and local business development activities.
- Managing complex and efficient resources including labour, material, plant, vehicles and additional resources.
- Managing client expectations whilst adhering to budgets and deadlines.
This role will requires the ideal candidate to have a very close working relationship with the Clients to share areas of responsibility, provide support and share best practice. You will be expected to take initiative on client related activities, including contract review meetings, workshops, pilot project development and management, KPI management with financial diligence. You will have commercial experience in in managing the complete project lifecycle whilst leading local business development activities.
Due to the nature of the business sector this role requires a high level of resilience, communication and diligence. You will be used to working to tight deadlines whilst managing several ongoing projects, the ideal candidate will also be a strong self-starter with excellent levels of IT especially Excel.
You'll probably already be an accomplished operations or facilities manager who is passionate about delivering the best possible leadership to the branch. Experience working in a similar role with internal and external stakeholders is strongly desired.
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, that's why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistant Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.