Mechanical Production Engineer
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Personnel Selection
Reporting into the Operations Director, you will play a key part in the senior leadership team for this world class manufacturing company on the South Coast. Your role is to monitor, evaluate and continuously improve the company's manufacturing capability, using Lean and Six Sigma tools, and your mechanical engineering bias, your forus is on achieving the company's KPIs in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Environment. The main driver for this role is to maintain and improve the production processes.
Improving and maintaining existing production processes, using lean tools to deliver right first time product to meet a demanding production schedule and customer base.
- Analyse and eliminate quality and production issues by using the appropriate problem solving techniques. Facilitating regular Kaizen events using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to help maintain and promote a culture of continuous improvement throughout the factory.
- Working on the implementation of factory layout projects to optimise the use of floor space, materials flow, personnel and cell design.
- Design and source tooling requirements for all manufacturing processes and NPI.
- Introduce new products into production. Ensuring all NPI milestones are delivered on time in the most cost effective way.
- Identify areas for improvement and produce coherent improvement plans.
- Carryout studies to establish baseline measurements and use the data to drive implementation of efficiency savings.
- HNC or Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven track record in production engineering
- Experience of mechanical assembly and fixtures
- Experience gained in the electronics industry
- Experience using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent IT skills are essential