Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by TWI Ltd
Joining Technologies Group
Cambridge, Granta Park
TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
The Joining Technologies Group (JNG) delivers R&D projects for single clients and collaborative groups, related to joining, surfacing, and additive manufacturing technologies.
JNG is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Project Manager to enhance its capacity and competence in project management, and to lead the delivery of selected high profile projects within its portfolio.
Main responsibilities will include:
- The effective implementation of the project management process to ensure projects are delivered meeting time, cost and quality objectives.
- Management of high profile technical projects providing definition of requirements to the team, giving clear visibility to management.
- Facilitation of tasks to meet objectives.
- Support continuous improvement of the project management framework, and its roll-out to JNG.
- Maintaining existing relationships internally and being the customer facing point of contact where required.
- Provide operational support to JNG, including monitoring of business metrics.
Success in your application requires:
- Experience/knowledge in project management and its continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work with minimum supervision.
- Aptitude for building business relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the business.
- Effective team working skills.
- Experience of managing projects in a technical and/or manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
- PRINCE2 or APM qualification is desirable.
This role will require occasional short-term travel within the UK and overseas according to the demands of project work.
Job Profile: Principal Project Leader
Business Position: Professional & Senior Business Support
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
Closing Date: 11th February 2018
TUI in the UK