Street Lighting Electrician
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Amey
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel? Well look no further.
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applicants for the positions of Street Lighting Electrician.
- Location: Amey North Lanarkshire, Unit 7 Blairlinn Industrial Estate, Blairlinn Road, Cumbernauld, G67 2TF
- Working hours: 40 hours a week
- Shift Pattern: Mon-Fri 07:30-16:00
- Contract: Permanent
What is the purpose of this role?
To maintain the network, install all electrical equipment, street light column, bollards, signs, LED lanterns and feeder pillars this includes all associated wiring on North Lanarkshire contract. Also have annual testing inspection programmes to complete on both North Lanarkshire and the Forth Road Bridge.
What will this role involve?
- Install all electrical equipment conforming to ASLEC and IEE 17th Edition wiring regulations
- Attend to routine street lighting faults
- Diagnose and replace failed components
- Carry out electrical inspection tests and install electrical equipment
- Excavate for bollard and sign foundations
- The cleaning of street lighting and signs
- Record test results using hand held computer
- Commissioning of new lighting columns/bollards/lit signs
- Take part in out of hours emergency services on a call out basis and other maintenance tasks as required
- The work is carried out outdoors hence you will be working in an environment of varying weather conditions and temperatures
- Although sections of road are often cordoned off, they sometimes remain open, with a large volume of traffic making it noisy, therefore, working to high health and safety standards is important.
- The job involves a large amount of physical work, using a range of hand and mechanical tools.
What are we looking for?
- Must have a Full UK Driving Licence
- C1 Driving Licence
- ECS Card
- Have IPAF 1a/1b training (desirable)
- Relevant qualifications in electrical Installation works such as C&G part 2 or equivalent /Electrical inspection and testing (desirable)
- Able to work at heights of up to 12 metres and Ladder use
- 17th Edition (desirable)
- Experience of street lighting Installations and associate maintenance (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Technical competencies
- Practical ability for handling tools and machinery
- A responsible attitude towards health and safety
- The ability to follow instructions
Why work for Amey?
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.