Experienced Cover Supervisors needed throughout West Yorkshire
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Veritas Education Recruitment
You MUST have previously worked in a Secondary School as either a Cover Supervisor, TA or HLTA.
You need to be a strong character for this role to manage the classroom behaviour.
Cover supervisors were originally introduced as a way of maintaining teacher's non contact periods but have become a permanent fixture in schools. It can be a rewarding job and a useful way of getting experience in the classroom for those with teaching ambitions.
The daily pay rate will be between £60 & £80 per day depending on your experience.
Cover Supervisors are usually in school during normal school hours, but because there isn't a need to plan/mark there's rarely the need to stay after school.
Cover supervisor duties
The cover supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
Many of our cover supervisors report doing the following duties:
* Teaching grammar
* Managing behaviour
* Discussing and debating texts with pupils and answering questions
* Differentiating and allocating extension exercises.
If you have previously worked as a Cover Supervisor and would like to work in some excellent schools throughout West Yorkshire then please get in touch with the Veritas Secondary Team TODAY!!
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
* All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
* You must have legal right to work in the UK
* You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community