Credit Risk Review Officer #119157
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Credit Suisse -
The Credit Risk Review ("CRR") team at Credit Suisse is an independent review function, which is part of the Chief Risk Officer Division, with focus on loan & derivatives.
CRR also functions as a liaison between internal business partners and constituents, the board, and the various regulatory agencies. CRR is a high-performing organization focused on close partnership and alignment to the various lines of business leaders, credit control, internal audit and the credit risk approvers.
CRR is responsible for providing an independent evaluation of the credit quality and the management of credit risk. You will be with working closely with Credit Risk Management (CRM), Front Office credit risk units, CRM Governance, and Internal Audit to ensure:
- The US and global loan & derivatives portfolio has been appropriately reviewed.
- Potential weaknesses at the counterparty and/or portfolio level have been reported and an appropriate remediation plan is agreed to with the relevant business partners.
- Risks and credit issues are properly reflected in both the local and global risk frameworks as necessary.
Credit File Review:
- Evaluate activities of counterparty and transaction support personnel in Global Markets and Credit Risk Management, ensuring compliance with policies, approvals, monitoring and risk assessment.
- Review counterparty credit risk assessment practices including CS Credit Rating, Transaction Rating and US Regulatory Rating assignment (where relevant) and adherence to relevant policies.
- Identify counterparties and transactions with potential credit weakness and any relevant trends.
- Identify existing and/or emerging risks & credit issues relating to credit quality & handling of credit risk including but not limited to:
- Gaps in risk rating accuracy, underwriting, credit approval, monitoring, trading documentation, relationship management and credit administration activities.
- Portfolio concentrations.
- Trends, overall condition, and emerging risks within the counterparty portfolios.
Credit Portfolio Review:
- Execute continuous and periodic risk-based counterparty review programs for U.S. and global counterparty portfolios as directed.
- Identify portfolio trends at the sector/industry level.
- Monitor an assigned portfolio on a continuous basis, conducting transaction reviews of new business, and summarizing results and recommendations in periodic reports.
- Ensure the aggregate risk profile is understood, is within risk appetite and is reflective of current market conditions and concerns.
- Ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted to senior management.
- Provide senior management and the Board with an objective assessment of the portfolio.
Reporting and Interface:
- Prepare executive summaries, periodic reports, and presentations summarizing findings and recommendations to Board and its Risk Committee and executive management.
- Recommend policy and procedural changes to executive management and business and credit units to correct deficiencies identified during reviews and strengthen the credit process.
- Actively participate in the new product approval process.
- Develop and implement a program for analyzing economic and industry data to identify potential impact on the institution's counterparty portfolio.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of credit data and credit tracking systems.
- Provide assistance and consultation to front office business divisions, credit personnel, auditors, and regulatory examiners.
Technical and Professional Skills:
- You will provides mentoring to team members, as necessary.
- Demonstrates strong credit analytical skills and strategic mind-set.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Do you have 10+ years of senior experience in counterparty credit risk with a large, U.S. regional bank, or as a bank examiner focused on wholesale credit?
- You have comprehensive understanding of counterparty credit risk management rules.
- Are you experienced with counterparty credit risk management, assessing and approving capital markets transaction?
- You have intensive knowledge of loan and capital market products, i.e., derivatives, prime services, fund linked products, repo and securities lending.
- Do you have experience approving and handling counterparty credit risk within a major counterparty sector, i.e., financial institutions, hedge funds, etc.
- You have in-depth comprehension of counterparty credit risk measurement approaches, i.e., VaR, potential future exposure, stress exposure methodologies, etc.
- You have strong understanding of major traded markets documentation standards, i.e., ISDA/CSA, MRA, GMRA, etc.
- You have a graduate degree in a relevant field of study is desirable but not required.
- Do you have excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication skills?
- You have the ability to handle a significant and diverse workload.
- Are you capable to accept accountability, assume leadership and demonstrate initiative?
- You have partnership mentality with respect to the Credit Suisse enterprise.