Adjunct Instructor, Dental Hygiene
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Kirkwood Community College
Job Goal: Kirkwood Community College's Allied Health Department has an opening for a Dental Hygiene Clinical Instructor for the coursework taking place at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry.
This will be for the Spring Semester teaching Thursdays 12:00-4:00 pm at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry in Iowa City, IA.
$1,184 per credit hour of instruction.
Universal Core Competencies:
Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Adhere to college-level curriculum and regular collaboration with community leaders, staff and students enrolled at the Linn County Regional Center.
- Evaluate and report student performance in compliance with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Effectively instruct and communicate material for the course.
- Possess the ability to organize and present various concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities, and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and educational media.
- Abide by and enforce safety rules when in a lab setting.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- A current dental license from the state of Iowa.
- At least 3 years of recent, full-time experience, or equivalent.