Senior Administrative Assistant- Agency Field Operations and Supervisi
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by New York Life Insurance Company
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of .
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
- Answer inquiries from Managing Partners and recruiters. Must have excellent customer service skills including strong telephone and written communications skills.
- Maintain calendar for Zone Officers.
- Coordinate air, rental car, and hotel arrangements for Zone Officers' company-related travel.
- Prepare and process travel expenses through SAP System.
- Reconcile Amex corporate card statements with travel expense reports.
- Prepares correspondence, presentations and spreadsheets as needed for multiple Zone Officers. Must have excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Handles all of the paperwork related to hiring of new Partners. Also handles processing for resignations, promotions, and transitions back to an agent contract.
- Handles all of the paperwork related to hiring of new management candidates, management associates, and district agents. Also handles processing for resignations and promotions.
- Secondary support for agent contracting issues, including hiring, terminations and productivity metric reporting.
- Responsible for tracking recruiter performance data and preparing monthly spreadsheets, Zone productivity and contest tracking reports.
- Responsible for setting up various Zone conference calls and maintaining attendance spreadsheets.
- Responsible for email correspondence with Managing Partners, Senior Partners, and Partners.
- Filing of contracting documents and correspondence.
- Secondary security liaison for the office.
- Assists with meeting planning - coordinating air, hotel, and meal arrangements.
- Associate, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1-5 years industry experience
- Proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access a plus
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and a team player
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities
- Must have excellent organizational and customer service skills, including strong telephone and written communications skills
- New York Life Budget (SAP) System helpful
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: .
Senior Administrative Assistant- Agency Field Operations and Supervision