Posted on Oct 19, 2022 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Regional Recruiter position is assigned to the company's operating entities and is responsible for providing recruiting services to all hiring managers/teams across these entities. Key responsibilities include partnering to identify hiring needs within each operating entity and developing successful recruiting campaigns to drive quality talent into the organization efficiently. Success in this position includes designing creative hiring strategies that proactively develops a pipeline of qualified applicants while maintaining an applicant tracking system that efficiently records company's candidate pipeline details.
Company is looking for:
- Someone who believes in the power of grassroots recruiting and has a toolbox of proven strategies that possibly include:
- Showing up at job sites with recruiting signs ready to talk shop with road crews and generate some excitement about joining the team.
- Knows of the best local trade schools, job fairs, industry and community events that prove to be the company's next best pipeline for candidates.
- Connecting with candidate prospects who are working in 100-degree temps standing over 300-degree asphalt looking for the relief of a new job.
- When it's fitting for select positions, a creative social media pioneer who lives for launching and managing social media campaigns that yields fitting followers.
- Someone who has a remarkable work ethic, can work autonomously while also being highly collaborative and is hungry to succeed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a talent acquisition strategy that includes a continuous process of active recruitment particularly for entity-specific operational roles (ie, General Laborers, Operators, Foremen, Mechanics).
- Partner with entity level General Manager, HR Managers and hiring managers to ensure the full recruiting life cycle is well-organized and effective.
- Develop and deploy out-of-the-box recruiting strategies.
- Identify and attend local community events that tend to draw candidate prospects (social events, church events, free concerts, flea-markets/community sales, picnics, reservoirs/public beaches, horse races, etc.).
- Leverage social media platforms, develop recurring campaigns and yield high volume followers (ie, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.)
- Leverage online job boards, local relevant trade schools, career/job fairs, conferences, etc.
- Identify/coordinate key personnel for participation at local recruiting events.
- Create marketing materials for distribution. Ensure job opportunities and employer-of-choice initiatives are creatively advertised; highlight career paths and benefit offerings.
- Maintain applicable company website career pages.
- Source a consolidated all-entity arrangement and subsequent volume-based discounts with job boards (ie, Indeed).
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of qualified/quality candidates to fill positions more quickly and beat out competitors for top talent.
- Develop internal job board/announcement process and build upon successes of employer referral programs.
- Manage the interview/selection process.
- Prescreen applicants, organize candidate agendas/interviews (including organizing virtual interviews, as needed), assist in the evaluation of job candidates, and as applicable, ensure references are verified.
- Review draft offer letters/packages and ensure compensation arrangements are competitive based on relevant compensation benchmarking resources.
- Participate in discussions related to relocation efforts/packages.
- Monitor recruiting expenses and continually assess effectiveness of each investment.
- Develop and maintain recruiting related metrics (ie, source of hire, time to fill, cost to fill, affirmative action plan tracking, etc.).
- Actively participate in the implementation and administration of upgraded HR/Payroll systems including the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Ensure utilization of applicant tracking database and self-service portals.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of ATS and identify opportunities to gain efficiencies and migration to a paperless environment.
- Develop an effective job requisition process (and create related electronic forms), applicant tracking, and related reporting.
- Fulfill state-mandated requirements for job posting activity as well as compliance/reporting requirements related to affirmative action plan (AAP) administration. Compile AAP reporting and fulfil established hiring goals/targets.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current laws; provide interview and selection training for hiring managers.
- Identify select third party recruiting partners for unique/hard to fill positions. Negotiate favorable placement pricing and retention terms.
- Partner with Director HR Operations and local HR partners to ensure pre-employment and onboarding processes are seamless and timely.
- Serve as a customer-service minded resource for all employees/managers by being available and accessible to discuss recruiting related matters.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations. Build a robust network of contacts in the asphalt industry.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a recruiting capacity.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Experience recruiting in the construction industry strongly preferred.
- Proven success deploying unconventional recruiting methods within the skilled/unskilled labor workforce.
- Experience developing and managing social media outreach strategies and website advertising programs coupled with ability to assess effectiveness of such programs.
- Prior application tracking system implementation and administration experience; prior affirmative action plan administration preferred.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, excellent critical thinking skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to prioritize among competing duties/projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including customer service/relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated skills in persuasion and consensus-building.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Flexible, dependable, confident, and accountable.
- Ability to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate the effectiveness or opportunities of the recruitment systems/processes from position opening to onboarding.
- Ability to travel (on a limited basis) to career fairs, trade shows or company locations.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Typically works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards.
- May occasionally work outdoors with outside temperatures ranging from excessive heat, cold, wind, and precipitation.
- As necessary, must be able to wear personal protective equipment, including hard hats, safety goggles, safety vests and/or ear plugs.
- While working outside, must be aware of navigating moving objects, vehicles, and machinery with moving parts including exposure to sounds and noise levels that may be
Company is evolving with its go-to market strategy and industry leader in pavement milling, reclamation, recycling and soil stabilization service offerings. Through their broad geographic reach, pioneering green-technology and large fleet of specialized equipment, company has developed a highly diverse long term client base to include highway contractors, DOTs, cities/municipalities, renewable energy and industrial contractors.
In addition to an attractive cash compensation package, company is also pleased to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits program to their valued employees and their family members, including:
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Medical, dental and vision plan offerings
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company match ($2,000 per year)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) funded by the company (up to $6,700 per year)
- Company-paid life/AD&D insurance for employees; Company-paid life insurance for employee's spouse/children
- Company paid short-term or long-term disability coverage
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and their spouse/children
- A 401(k) plan with an AMAZING company match (and immediate 100% vesting in the company match)