Production Systems Incident Administrator
Posted on Oct 19, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Production Systems Incident Administrator. Candidate will be a first line of support with ensuring Company meets its comprehensive data processing requirements by tracking and escalating Incidents in a reliable and timely manner so that quality standards are minimally impacted. In addition, this person has responsibility for the monitoring of Production process and applications and rerun/restart of Jobs within the production environment.
- Employ first-level Incident identification and resolution techniques to address interruptions across Mainframe, UNIX, Windows, and Network platforms.
- Monitor multiple applications and systems using approved software.
- Monitor and respond to applications/systems alerts across all platforms in accordance with Quality Standards and/or Security Policies.
- Report and document any processing anomalies utilizing OCC approved software.
- Maintain processing records and logs
- Escalate Production Incidents to Second-Level support as required per policy to ensure a timely resolution.
- Perform Mainframe IPLs, and other system commands if and when required.
- Support transmissions across SFTP/NDM.
- Support the execution and troubleshooting of UC4 jobs.
- Provide support for Production Installs, D/R and Industry tests.
- Maintain all off-site storage records and shipments.
- Rerun/Restart failed backups and perform restores when required.
- 1st Shift Sun-Thurs work week with work scheduled overtime when needed to ensure 24 x 7 coverage.
- Must adhere to all Production Operations policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix, Windows, and Mainframe/JCL.
- Working knowledge of UC4, Applied Dynamics, MQ, Main View, Connect Direct, Logic Monitor, and Service Now.
- Experience with Mainframe and Client Server job scheduling software.
- Knowledge of Network utilities (Ping, Netstat, Traceroute).
- Microsoft products desktop proficiency (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools and best practices.
- Understands urgency of service level agreements and the need for timely responses.
- Network trouble-shooting.
- UNIX knowledge.
- UC4 Scheduler.
- Mobius via Document Direct.
- zOS/390 JCL, IBM utilities
- Transmission protocols: SFTP/NDM.
- Operating systems: Unix, Windows, zOS/390
- Strong Desktop skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 5+ years of OS390 JCL and IBM utilities
- 5+ years working in a multi-platform environment
- 5+ years working knowledge of an open systems scheduling product (UC4).
- 5+ years working knowledge of MobiBrio.
- DevOps experience desired, but not required.
- College degree in Computer Information Systems desired, but equivalent work experience will be considered