Network Video Engineer
Posted on Oct 19, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Network Video Engineer. Candidate is responsible for maintaining and developing the video conference infrastructure for all offices. It requires doing off-hour maintenance, software patching, updating firmware, and adding/removing equipment, as well as providing support to local onsite Conference Center technicians and external vendors to service video conference endpoints.
- This position requires strong technical knowledge of video conference topology. The need to stay current with new unified communication platforms especially those in our environment. Have a macro and micro mindset when thinking of changes to ensure not to negatively impact our users.
- Individual must also possess excellent judgment regarding local and firmwide Conference Technology vision. Must be able to assess situations quickly and proactively ensure customer/client satisfaction. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must in addition to having a strong customer service commitment.
- Maintain video conference bridge, supporting video conference equipment and work with local techs to repair/replace endpoints when required
- Work with the server team to make sure video Servers are up to date.
- Apply security certificates to the required Servers.
- Add video conference endpoints to our environment.
- Have expert knowledge using all unified communication platforms. (Cisco, Poly, Zoom, Blue Jeans, etc.)
- Keep Firm-wide and local support processes, and procedures documentation up to date
- Work with the AV Architecture on new buildouts to apply configurations on the local video endpoints.
- Strong understanding of how local endpoints work with other local AV equipment in the room.
- Exhibit helpful, customer service-oriented attitude with team members and end-users.
- Remain calm yet communicate (and act) with sense of urgency when end-user has an urgent matter requiring resolution
- Develop disaster recovery, and plan b scenarios for our video infrastructure
- 10 years of AV experience
- 5 years managing a video network environment
- Experience with Polycom RMX
- Experience managing CMS, and TMS
- Must have a current or working towards Avixa CTS certification and maintained during employment.
- Exceptional customer service abilities.
- Superior oral and written communication and problem-solving/strategizing skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and procedures/stay current with AV technology.
- Flexibility in daily work hours to meet the conference client's needs including weekends.
- Knowledge connecting to different Unified communication platforms including but not limited to Cisco WebEx, Poly, Zoom, Blue Jeans, Skype
- MS Suite, Zoom, Teams, Cisco CMS, TMS, Polycom RMX, RSS, Crestron, Biamp, other Unified Communication platforms,
- Avixa CTS