Lead - DevOps Engineer - Tech
Posted on Oct 19, 2022 by Oliver James Associates
Lead DevOps Engineer
Reporting to the Global Director of DevOps and SRE, you are expected to be an impactful partner and contributor providing guidance and lead the collaborative effort in our DevOps and Cloud transformation journey. You will lead a team of DevOps Engineers in the NA and EU region and be responsible for setting consistent DevOps best practices, governance and architecture across the suite of services offered, including but not limited to: CICD pipeline, observability, security governance, cloud cost governance, container orchestration and automation.
You will be responsible for creating and driving the technical vision across the technology platforms and collaborate with other Engineering Leads and Managers. In order to be successful, this person should have previous experience leading and mentoring DevOps engineers in a startup environment and a proven track record with building sustainable DevOps tools and standard operating procedures.
- 7-8 years of working in cloud based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- 2-3 years of experience leading and managing DevOps engineers
- 2-3 years of hands on experience with Container Orchestration, performance, and tuning with Docker and Kubernetes in multi-cloud production environment
- Expert in designing and applying security and compliance best practices into all facets of a global cloud infrastructure. Including EC2, VPC's, Container Orchestration, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, and more.
- Expert ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Bash, Python, and Golang)
- Detective-level troubleshooting using observability tools such as Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, Loki, etc in complex cloud based environments.
- Experience with: IaC (ie. Terraform), Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Secrets Management, Git (ie: Gitlab, Github, Github Actions), and all things AWS