Agile Business Analyst
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Aquent
AQUENT is looking for a Business Analyst with financial services background, 7-10 yrs experience and eligible to work as W2 for all employer (AQUENT is not in a position to sponsor talent at this time). This is a long term assignment in New York City. Selected talent must work onsite, at least 40hrs per week. No remote talent or C2C will be considered.
The Agile Business Analysis involves understanding user needs, breaking those needs out into constituent parts, analyzing multiple solutions and supporting the communication and delivery of a solution to meet the user needs. Roles that might draw skills from this area include: Business Analyst, User Researcher, Performance Analyst, Designer, Developer.
• Deconstruct user needs and problem statements into constituent parts for analysis and reconstruction. Separate out what is critical, analyze component parts from all sides and 'reassemble' in order to lead to viable solutions.
• Listen to user needs and ask probing questions until the real need is drawn out and understood through root cause analysis. Evaluate multiple options before helping the team to settle on one solution.
• Facilitate working meetings effectively, using techniques such as active listening and negotiation. Tailor communication style to suit both face-to-face and virtual settings, including TP and conference calls.
• Ensure that the wider impact of changes is understood by parallel work streams.
• Work with the development team to ensure they have a complete understanding of the business and user needs. Make sure end user perspectives are fully considered by the content and technical design team.
• Facilitate in the continuous review and iteration of development work to ensure the business and user needs continue to be met by the proposed solution.
• Understand organizational and wider strategic objectives, and ensure that solutions are aligned with key priorities. Be alert to changes in strategic direction and assess the impact of change.
• Design and plan with stakeholders the process to be used to gather user needs and other relevant data.
• Perform analysis of user stories and make amendments where necessary. Facilitate and give input into prioritization of user stories.
• Interpret data from a range of sources (E.g. user research and performance metrics). Work with designers and developers to ensure solutions are based on data.
• Create user flows, wireframes, and map business processes, which represent the current structure and future design of a product or service.
• Analyze the existing landscape with an innovative mindset. Identify opportunities and generate ideas for continuous improvement or new solutions to meet user needs
• Understand end-to-end requirements lifecycle (elicitation, analysis, documentation and validation), techniques and tools to assist business areas to understand their business requirements and ensuring these are documented, prioritized, and agreed as the project scope. The final output being a business-approved requirement document (BRD).
• Awareness of available analysis strategies/tools and understanding their application to the relevant business scenarios. Some examples below (not exhaustive):
o SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
o Cause and Effect diagrams (aka Fishbone)
o 5 Whys
o Event Tree Analysis
o Pareto analysis (80/20 rule)
Business feasibility planning and
• Work with business and project sponsors to prepare business cases demonstrating clear ROI for new projects (E.g. perform cost benefit analysis, gap analysis, stakeholder analysis, BCG matrix, 6-sigma, Activity-Based Costing (ABC), Porter's Five Forces).
• Understand industry standard tools/techniques and facilitate modeling of the target organization to make recommendations to improve procedures and working practices. Some modeling techniques include data flow diagrams, entity relationship (ER) model, UML diagrams, BPMN basics (aka swimlanes), mind maps, AS-IS, and TO-Be analysis.
Conceptual and functional design
• Provide conceptual solutions to complicated business problems/needs by working with UX specialists to convert customer requirements into technical solutions that are both feasible and cost effective ensuring that the quality of the product experience meets business needs
• Assist business stakeholders in ensuring appropriate levels of test coverage during acceptance test phase by working with the test team to map business requirements to testing scenarios (please refer to Quality Assurance & Testing worksheet).
Quality reviews and best practice
• Provide advice and guidance on best practice business analysis methodologies and techniques. Identify areas for process improvement to ensure full use of best practice and review documents (E.g. requirements definitions, business cases, interface specifications, test scripts/scenarios) for completeness and consistency.
• Support project managers in project planning, initiation, tracking, and delivery activities. Contribute to the identification and impact assessment of program and project issues and risks to proactively identify and resolve issues and mitigate risks.
Interested applicant(s) are encouraged to send their resume in MS Word format to for immediate consideration now! (No Phone Calls Please)