Customer Service Officer (Full Time & Part Time Opportunities)
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Legal & General
- To provide a world class level of service that ensures our customers' expectations are met. The service provided will include sensitive and complex situations, which will need to be handled with empathy and sympathy. Acting as a point of escalation for queries.
- To accurately and effectively administer LGHF mortgage business to ensure we operate within our agreed service levels to fulfil both contractual and departmental requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external customers, which include policyholders, scheme members and legislative bodies and provide a compliant, accurate and cost-effective service, resolving queries by the most appropriate means
- To collate and analyse all relevant information and to make informed decisions, which may include reference to the Line Manager, to protect all interested parties from fraudulent acts by conducting all transactions within approved financial limits and guidelines
- Use appropriate customer feedback and data to improve working practices and highlight opportunities for improvement to the customer experience, and deliver appropriate solutions
- To proactively identify changes in rules/requirements including Data Protection, Money Laundering, Breaches, Complaints and Controls and own the changes required to integrate these changes into business as usual. At this level, you will be required to be able to interpret all relevant pensions legislation, products and policy to ensure complex processes undertaken are carried out competently and meet our customers' varying needs
- To take ownership of your own development, ensuring the development of skills and knowledge, whilst undertaking training opportunities. You will keep up to date with legislative and industry requirements and mentor more junior members of the team.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including Mathematics and English)
- Previous experience in financial services preferred
- Experience of working with direct customer interaction: either face to face or by phone
- Good attention to detail
- Computer literate in Microsoft office
- Able to work well within a team environment
- Strong verbal and written skills
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers' pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information, please contact Rachel Chima - Resourcing Consultant - . Please note I cannot accept direct applications via email.