Sr. Dir, HR Business Partner - North America
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Under Armour
The Sr. Director, HRBP is a strategicbusiness partnerresponsible for providing HR leadership, consulting and expertise across theNorth America region tosupport the organization's mission, vision, values and strategic and operational plans. The individual will align UnderArmour'sglobal Human Resources strategies with business strategies and successfully implement critical people initiatives in a fast-paced, complex and rapidly growing business. The Sr. Director, HRBP reports to the Vice President, Human Resources Business Leaderfor Global RevenueThe position will be based in Baltimore, MD and leads ateam of 10 with5directreports. TheNorth America commercial organizationis comprised of~800 corporate teammateslocated in offices in Baltimore,MD, Toronto, Canada and small sales offices across the US.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner closely withPresident, North America,his leadership team, and the HR team to develop and implement an HR Strategy that aligns with the business strategy and vision for broader organization.Thisstrategy needs to connect and align across the value chain and enable significant and rapid global growth of the Brand.
- Collaborate with HR Partners (Other HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Compensation, and HR Technology), Legal, FP&A andCommsto deliver HR solutions that meet business needs.
- Provide leadership, development and support to theNorth America HR Team.
- Partner with senior leaders and teams to grow the business, demonstrating an understanding of the marketplace, business risks, business drivers and overall financials.
- Provide Human Resources leadership expertise in support of the organizations, mission, vision, values and strategic and operational plans.
- Align and deliver human resources strategies in support of business objectives and activities.
- Provide comprehensive HR consultation, advice, coaching and facilitation to leaders, managers and teammates.
- Partner with the Learning and Development team to drive a people development strategy that drives results, teammate engagement andretention. Programsand initiatives should be aligned with competency models, succession planning and the global UA Learning framework.
- Partner with Leaders to effectively manage and lead change in the organization, providing the right amount of transparency to teammates and giving leaders the right tools to lead change.
- Champion, reinforce and embody the Under Armour culture.
- Ensure effective reporting and analysis of HR data to enable the business to make key operational and strategic decisions.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement in HR and within the business by establishing new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of the full spectrum of human resource management.
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations.
- A sincere and contagious passion for building Under Armour.
- An undeniable representative of our cultural values and work ethic.
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency.
- History of attracting great talent. A best-in-class approach to HR leadership and execution.
- Come to the table with a strong point of view on issues while still having an open ear to opinions and suggestions.
- Ability to listen to, discern and respect the beliefs of teammates.
- Must have successfully delivered high profile programs / platforms to Sr. Executives - is famous for building something, changing something or leading a movement.
- Strong orientation to our Brand, and the ability to subscribe to the athletic mantra. Passion for winning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 12+ years of practical and relevant Human Resourcesexperience and 5+ yearsofleadership/management. Retail experience preferred.
- 3+years of successful business partnership at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- Provenability to operate strategically and have a hands-on approach?
- Provenability to develop, engage and retain a high performing team.
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, talent development, federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to influence in a demanding and high-performing work environment.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships at all levels within the organization to gain support and achieve results..
- Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex global business issues.