Sr. Lead-North America Women's & Girls Category
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Under Armour
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Accountability for long term revenue growth and line adoption rates within North America as well as share of the market.
- Key Contact and facilitator between North America Commercial teams and Global Women's and Girls category teams.
- Consolidating all NA commercial feedback into singular direction surrounding market opportunities and consumer insights. Example topics include: trends, assortment needs, product pricing, etc.
- Segmenting and assorting the product line between the NA channels
- Regional Pricing decisions and markdown decisions to help manage inventory in the market across multiple points of distribution.
- Management of shipping windows and product flow within the region for the category.
- Own business metrics (including: sales history, market trends, account requirements, competition, product mix and price points) and apply this information during the product briefing phase.
- Go-to-market operational discipline. Ensuring deadlines are met to effectively bring strategies to life
- A strong understanding of product demand, forecasts and inventory levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teammates (including: Sales, Finance, Visual Merchandising, Planning and Marketing) to deliver against performance metrics.
- Driving category and regional strategic objectives.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
The role will need to work cross-functionally throughout UA's matrixed environment in a collaborative, supportive way. We need a goal oriented individual, who can drive consensus, operate with direction to provide clear paths toward business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a clear communicator and strong operator with a minimum of 6 years of experience in retail, merchandising, or product development positions. The individual will likely have experience in a well-regarded consumer products company, and a professional/personal involvement and/or relationship with performance apparel.
Education: An undergraduate degree is required.