Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Randstad Construction, Property and Engineering
Randstad CPE has a fantastic opportunity for an M&E Supervisor in Edinburgh to work for a leading Facilities Management contractor in the area. The role will require the right candidate to manage a small team of technicians engaged in maintenance and installation works. This is a temporary position but potentially 12-18months, and possibly will lead to a permanent position thereafter.
* Competitive rate
* 40hrs per week
* 12-18 months work (possibly permanent there after)
* Company van + fuel card provided
* Work wear provided
* Being part of a leading FM company in the market
* We are looking for someone from an electrical back ground but would also consider candidates from a mechanical background.
* Must be health & safety aware, ideally with some knowledge of CDM's
* Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
* Must have commercial awareness and be able to survey works and pull together estimates for work and provide quotations to the client. This may be for repairs arising from Planned Maintenance or Project type work (for example upgrading lighting installations to LED)
* Project management experience is essential
* Must be able to supervise works and directly manage engineering personnel accordingly
* Good attitude and flexible approach required
* Weekend work will be required from time to time
In order to be considered for this role you will need all of the following
* Project management experience
* Knowledge of CDM's
* Must be confident using both Microsoft Word & Excel
* 2 - 3 working references from working in a similar role
Please contact Sherelle at the Glasgow Branch on /
Please note due to the number of expected applicants I may not be able to get back to everyone, if I have not got back to you within a reasonable time scale then please assume that you have been unsuccessful and I thank you for your application.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.