Diesel Mechanic/Service Technician
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by NorthStar Group
• Our Field Service Technicians have a unique opportunity to control their own destiny by managing their own territories and customers.
• They are in control of earning business, setting their own schedule, taking care of their customers and creating a financially successful territory.
• Field Service Technicians are rewarded for their success!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Servicing and repairing heavy equipment. This may include, but is not limited to:
o Transportation: railcar movers, locomotives, airplanes, helicopters o Industrial: forklifts, man lifts, cranes o Agricultural: combines, tractors o Military: tanks, APC, MRAP, HMMT
o Construction: backhoes, bulldozers, cranes, skid steers
• Understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems / ability to read and interpret
hydraulic and electrical schematics
• Working knowledge of diesel engines, heavy duty axles (planetary), air compressors, pumps
• Comfortable speaking to customers at all levels (operators on up to the president of a company)
• Computer literate (must be able to navigate through electronic work orders, part manuals, etc.)
• Highly motivated, driven and dedicated
• Finds personal satisfaction in taking care of customers
• Excellent organization and communication
• Must have a Valid Driver's License
• All service work is completed onsite at customer locations, via company vehicle.
- Field environment
- Requires walking, standing, sitting, moderate to heavy lifting, infrequent climbing
- Exposure to outside temperatures in all weather conditions
- Must be able to work some weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Must enjoy working alone
- Periodic on-call duties