AVP, Public Affairs Communications - Retail Banking & Mortgage
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Comms & External Relations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank, one of the world's leading digital banks, serves as a trusted partner to more than 100 million customers in 19 markets worldwide. In the U.S, Citi's Retail Bank is on the cusp of a strategic acceleration - serving clients in six core markets while introducing a mobile-first National Digital Banking strategy that extends it's reach beyond its physical footprint.
The position supports the Public Affairs lead for Citi Retail Banking and Mortgage, Commercial Banking, U.S. Operations and Citi Bike and will engage in promoting Citi's strategy, progress, thought leadership and announcements with key target media to tell both strategic and consumer-centric stories. The position will be integral in helping pitch compelling story and activation ideas to financial and consumer media outlets as well as social media influencers. The role also offers an opportunity to work across the spectrum of public affairs with a range of external stakeholders. Additionally, this role will support media relations related to Citi's Commercial Bank, Consumer Banking Operations Centers across the U.S. and the popular Citi Bike bike-share programs in New York, Jersey City and Miami.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supports the Public Affairs lead for Citi Retail Banking & Mortgage, Commercial Banking, U.S. Operations and Citi Bike.
- Supports media relations for senior banking executives and promotes new products and services across Retail and Commercial Banking in the core US markets of New York, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Washington, DC.
- Helps develop proactive strategies, programs and tactics to promote products and services, and new digital and mobile features, especially with respect to how they support a National Digital Banking expansion.
- Contribute to profile building activities for key leaders at conferences and events.
- Works with team to maintain, strengthen and build relationships with traditional and social media outlets that cover retail banking both at a strategic business level and also at a consumer personal finance and customer experience level.
- Researches speaking opportunities, publications and industry trends.
- Collaborates with social media teams to amplify earned news coverage.
- Writes and edits press releases and other communications materials including talking points, press statements, award submissions, pitches, and other briefing materials.
- Monitors media coverage to identify risks and opportunities for improvement, with a focus on anticipating issues and working with the communications team to shape messaging and Citi's positioning in media.
- Helps direct agency team and staff events to manage press activities and speaking engagements.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 3+ years of work experience in public relations.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Expertise in social media is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proactive and results-driven.
- A team player with a track record of success delivering high-quality work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated project management and decision making skills.