Catchment Projects Officer
Posted on Oct 17, 2022 by South Staffs Water (Incorporating Cambridge Water Company)
Catchment Projects Officer
Salary: Circa £27,500-£28,965 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Cambridge Water area, some travel to South Staffs area
(Company van will be provided)
At South Staffs Water we deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions.
We now have a fantastic opportunity a full time Catchment Projects Officer to join our South Staffs Water and Cambridge Water teams. Reporting to the Water Resource & Environment Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the catchment team with delivery of our catchment programme, risk management and delivery of multi-stakeholder river restoration initiatives. This a varied role involving catchment management, river projects and associated activities in order to support our commitment to improve and protect the environment. This role includes a mixture of field based and desk based activities to capture analyse and interpret data, working with landowners and environmental organisations to deliver improvements that benefit water quality, habitats and the environment. You will also work closely with our wider environment team so that the best solutions and engagement activities are identified.
• You will apply source pathway receptor principles and identify key sources of risk to our drinking water quality in our catchments
• You ll help to deliver our catchment management programme of measures
• You ll help to produce reports on our catchment management activities
• You ll develop and implement chalk stream strategies for habitat restoration and biodiversity improvements
• You ll collate, analyse and interpret monitoring data to accurately determine sources of pollution and identify nature based solutions to mitigate these
• You ll have a close working relationship with catchment advisors and engage with regulators, landowners and other stakeholders in our catchments.
• You ll work with partner organisations, catchment groups and coordinators to define catchment plans and measures to benefit water quality and the environment
• You will assist in delivery of our Environmental programmes and initiatives
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work proactively on their own and collaboratively within a team. Educated to degree level. You will ideally have some experience of catchment management, GIS, river restoration, nature based solutions and stakeholder engagement.
An understanding of the water industry would be an advantage in this role, however not essential. You will hold a current valid UK driving licence as an essential part of this role will involving visiting sites.
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website .
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to: WaterHR(at)south-staffs-water.co.uk
Closing Date: 6th November 2022
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS