Property Services Administrator
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by CLEARLINE RECRUITMENT LTD
Job Title: Property Services Administrator
Salary: £17,731 per annum (£9.21 per hour)
Temporary contractuntil the end of May 2019
Our client based in Lewes is looking to recruit a Property Services Administrator.
The Property Services Administrator will provide administrative support to enable the delivery of a high quality repairs and maintenance service.
The post holder acts as admin lead for the Property Services department, receiving repair requests from tenants, staffed services and our out-of-hours service; allocating these to our approved contractors and monitoring progress against agreed completion dates.
- To cover the Property Services call desk, acting as the first point of contact for tenants and stakeholders
- Issuing works orders on a daily basis to the client's approved contractors using Schedule of Rates, making decisions as to the nature and target times for jobs
- Tracking repairs works orders to ensure works are completed within specified times and to agreed costs. Chasing up overdue orders.
- Issuing servicing and compliance works orders in accordance with the timescales required in order to ensure all properties remain fully compliant
- Providing weekly reports to the Property Services Manager and Head of Housing on customer satisfaction rates, post inspections and outstanding repairs works orders.
- Liaise with contractors with the provision of quotations
- Seek decisions and advice from Property Services Manager on jobs as required when not able to make independent decisions
- Resolve any queries raised by residents, contractors or suppliers
- To monitor servicing dates for gas, appliance, electrical, fire equipment, alarms, lifting equipment etc. To follow up as necessary and issue regular reports
- To assist with processing contractor's invoices and enter information onto the system
- To assist with issuing voids works orders and liaising with contractors on the progress of the work, to ensure that all voids are turned around in the most optimum time
- To work with Housing to jointly maintain the list of clients currently identified as 'Do Not Visit Alone'
- To help maintain and develop the Jamm/QL database system to improve and streamline administration and reporting processes for the Property Services Team
- To provide clerical assistance to the Property Services Manager, Property Services Project Manager and Compliance Officer
- Attend and minute team and contractor meetings and provide minutes in a timely manner
- Manage the administration of lease and contract documents and ensuring paperwork systems are maintained
- Manage the administration of the Association's vehicle fleet i.e. MOT's, servicing and LOLER
- To create planned programme letters and to ensure they are all sent out in readiness for the required work
- To send out all of the department's daily post
- To be the principal point of contact for any garden maintenance issues
- Experience in a customer service or customer facing role
- Experience providing administration support to a team
- Experience of property services or repairs management (desirable)
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with tenants who sometimes present in a challenging manner over the telephone
- Active listening and able to accurately disseminate information
- Able to make decisions as to the nature and timescale of repair jobs
- Ability to manage several tasks at one time
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to maintain administrative systems
- IT skills using word processing to intermediate level (e.g. tables, mail merge), email/electronic diary and use of excel and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of use of databases
For more information please contact Jamie Watson at Clearline Recruitment.