Instructor, Agribusiness and Production
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by WCSCC
Instructor, Agribusiness & Production
Wayne County Schools Career Center
A Bachelor's degree in Agriculture and a Master's degree in Education are required.
A teacher in the Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources Cluster must perform many duties to facilitate a successful program.
It is the responsibility of the teacher to organize and conduct an instructional program that will:
- Improve the quality of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources education instruction, counseling, management, and leadership to produce success for all students;
- Use strategies for integrating academic and Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources education;
- Contribute to the educational objectives of the public school system by providing information to agriculture, food, and natural resources students about career pathways as a guide to achieving necessary skills for continued education and employment;
- Provide students with educational and equitable experiences leading to career preparation, continued education, and employment;
- Enhance youth leadership and FFA as an integral part of instruction;
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to compete in a global economy; and
- Inform students about agriculture and agricultural literacy.