Receptionist Security Officer
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Securitas USA
Securitas Security Services is currently looking for Receptionist Security Officer for an assigned client site.
Receptionist Officers are energetic, personable and dependable, with a strong commitment to providing world-class customer service and exceptional problem-solving skills. This will require that you are able to effectively handle potentially difficult situations in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal and active listening skills, as well as the ability to easily establish rapport and credibility with a wide variety of clients and prospective clients. This will also require that you are proficient on the computer while utilizing the internet, learning new software and utilizing programs such as Microsoft Office.
Receptionist Security Officers will also:
- Act as a receptionist for client facility to control access through the admittance process.
- Welcome onsite visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Observe and report incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel.
- Prepare logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or types reports and/or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Provide administrative support, such as answering telephone, taking and delivering messages or transferring calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Preserving order and acting to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises
- Controlling access to client site or facility through the admittance process, ensuring everyone badges in appropriately
- Patrolling assigned site on foot or in vehicle, checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons
- Protecting evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations
- Responding to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents
- Preparing logs and reports as required
- Specific job requirements for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Reliable means of communication and transportation
- English proficiency
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports
- Working knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures
- Willingness to submit to and pass pre-employment screening process, to include drug screen and background investigation