Commercial Project Manager
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by GPA Procurement
We are immediately hiring for an experienced Commercial Project Manager to join a fast-paced team within our leading utilities client, to deliver a wide range of commercially rooted projects. Interested?
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years. A backdrop of climate change and population growth is putting pressure on our existing water resources and in turn driving the need for a series of significant investments in our assets. The projects we will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK.
The Commercial Project Manager will:
- Take ownership of complex commercially focussed projects from quality and best practice planning through to completion of the handover phase including completing post implementation review activities.
- Develop complex business cases to support the project and understand and work to the organisation's financial governance model.
- Lead and manage project(s) with reports, suppliers, shared services and contractors, performance and financial management as appropriate.
- Embed the Commercial programme assurance governance throughout the projects, including developing a risk management culture.
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain an extensive network of cross functional relationships in order to facilitate stakeholder management and increase the chances of project success.
- Support the senior Project Manager in leading the Commercial programme management and change initiative across the lifecycle of our strategic projects.
Key skills required:
- Strong academic background, ideally degree qualified with work towards or completed Prince II qualification.
- Project management experience from a complex multi-site environment, where you have had to be proactive in resolving potential difficulties and overcoming barriers.
- Strong attention to detail, an analytical and problem-solving mind set with strong written skills and the ability to produce presentation material to a high quality for senior audiences.
- Tenacious and resilient individual with the ability to work autonomously and built strong stakeholder relationships.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.