Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
My Client is a leader in chemical manufacturing, supplying a range of high class product into large branded Clients across the globe, & I am excited to be making introductions into the Liverpool Production Team. I am looking to speak with Production Scheduler/Planner, who is ready to take on a new challenge, up step up their game & profile in the role
What will your new role look like?
You will create a detailed & accurate manufacturing schedule against equipment and monitor and communicate production performance against this requirement, thus ensuring on-time delivery of product to customers.
How will your day look?
* You will generate and coordinate short-term production scheduling (daily/weekly) according to planned orders and deadlines, in order to ensure on-time delivery of products and the effective use of resources (by ensuring the best use of equipment, labour, production sequence and minimising waste).
* Maintain your schedule, ensuring it is continually maintained and communicated throughout supply chain teams and production.
* Keep an upto date Load Plan representing real production expectation.
* Identify deviations, and address countermeasures (scheduling rearrangements) to minimise business impact, preventing delays, product shortages and production disruptions.
* Coordinate planned production shut-down for the execution of planned maintenance activities (when necessary).
* Identify and communicate production constraints and bottlenecks that may cause delays, poor production flow and wastes. Support the continuous improvement of production schedule by working in partnership with production managers and supervisors to optimise the plant scheduling, along with manufacturing output.
* You will become the primary contact about product availability for supply chain, shipment and customer service teams & will regularly communicate production issues, supply changes, deviations from scheduling and potential resolutions to interested parties.
Skills, knowledge and behaviours required
* Strong engagement with all personnel throughout the company, as well as customers and suppliers
* Capacity to challenge other departments, whilst maintaining good working relationships
* Strong communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Analytical ability and critical thinking
* Results orientated
* Compliance with Q-EHS rules
Relevant Training and Experience
* Knowledge of internal manufacturing processes
* Training/ experience in continuous improvement techniques
* Proficiency in Microsoft AX
* Proficiency in Microsoft
Does this sound like something you would want to be a part of? The role is offered on a full time & permanent basis, salary is upto £24k (negotiable dependant on experience)
(phone number removed)