Production Business Analyst
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Do you love working with data?
As a Production Business Analyst, you will have an exceptional opportunity to leverage your strong data expertise to create automated tools that enable fact-based, real-time decisions within the DC environment. You will work closely with the North America Supply Chain senior leadership team, program leaders and functional leaders in DC Operations, planning, customer service, transportation and retail. You will:
- Create interactive, automated and user-friendly analytical tools that enable fact-based, real-time decision making process
- Drive analytics and performance measurement within the distribution center and provide recommendations for process improvement
- Develop high-impact presentations to communicate the strategic plan, roadmap and initiatives to the broader organization.
- Manage a wide range of inputs and simplify to establish clear goals while communicating to all stakeholders
Build knowledge of the company, processes and customers. Understand key business drivers and use this knowledge in analysis. Solve a range of problems; analyze possible solutions using standard procedures. Develop, document, and execute on strategic plans which will drive optimal customer service and profitability.
Be a resident data expert. Create and automate data collection/manipulation processes. Data mining using state-of-the-art methods. Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis. Create automated, analytical tools and visual dashboards.
Develop and maintain business KPI's and analyze data; present findings and recommendations to drive key business decisions. Support the business using statistical methods for process and performance assessment.
Problem solving and solution creation. Respond to requests from internal/external customers. Investigate these requests and partner on a solution enabling the effective and efficient distribution of products and services. Provide solutions to achieve the targeted sales goals while aggressively pursuing customer service standards.
Collaborate to drive operational excellence and best practices across the network by providing analytical information to enhance results.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with data in Supply Chain, Merchandising or Finance field
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and data blending tools such as Alteryx
- Intermediate skills with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Advanced skills in MS Excel & Access, and experience in SAP
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
- Proficiency in Manhattan WMS and Cognos preferred
- Strong project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience managing complex cross-functional stakeholder engagements, including facilitating workshops, is preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Great listening skills and openness for different viewpoints
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with senior leadership
- Self-starter, eager to learn, result-oriented and creative strategic thinker
- Shift Flexibility will be required as needed.