IMD, PWM, Finance-GS Bank-Capital Call Lending Specialist, Vice Presid
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Goldman Sachs USA
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsible for the origination of capital call financing to private equity funds, alongside an existing 6-person Private Equity Capital Call (PECC) origination and underwriting team. Leverage Goldman Sachs' and personal relationships to achieve origination targets. Manage client experiences end-to-end, from opportunity identification through loan closing and servicing. Interface with loan underwriters and credit team to obtain approval and to ensure that portfolio standards are maintained.
Primary Client and Transaction Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for GS Bank loans to private equity funds. Accountable for client experience from initial contact to loan funding and ongoing relationship management.
- Engage internal GS sources and external industry contacts to generate consistent deal flow.
- Gather necessary client due diligence information, recommend appropriate lending solutions and drive the internal credit approval process by working directly with the underwriting and credit risk management teams.
- Negotiate loan terms with the client, balancing commercial objectives with risk/portfolio management priorities.
- Coordinate the structuring, negotiation and closing of club/syndicated transactions as appropriate.
- 5+ years work experience in private equity lending.
- BA required; MBA preferable.
- Strong familiarity with the private equity industry with an established base of contacts.
- Working knowledge of relevant risk management: credit, underwriting and operating risks.
- Familiarity with complex commercial structures, domestic and international
- People / project management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Flexible, personable, confident and self-motivated; team player
- Well organized and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Desire to help develop and grow a dynamic business
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
IMD, PWM, Finance-GS Bank-Capital Call Lending Specialist, Vice President