Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by MTrec Recruitment and Training
Our client is a well-established FMCG manufacturer who have developed a reputation of providing high quality products throughout the UK and beyond.
The role is to implement best practice & support Site & Business strategies through the development & involvement of team & individuals, ensuring achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) through continuous improvement. The role will involve maintenance of the fabric of the building, plant and machinery. Day to day decisions for the effective running of the Engineering Function, Site Team and Plant. Implementation of the capital agenda for the site from inception through to installation. Deliver the site's Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for engineering, by continuously improving the uptime / availability of plant and equipment, to manufacture quality products in a safe and cost effective way
- Provide all Engineers with strong people leadership and supervision. Provide coaching and feedback to improve maintenance interventions including speed of intervention, quality of completion and effectiveness of the interventions.
- Provide strong engineering expertise on site to drive improvements in maintenance KPIs and sustain shift performance through implementation of the UK engineering strategy & develop effective strategy for improvement in the sites Maintenance Methodology while increasing team participation in continuous improvement processes
- Motivate your team using good leadership applying the company values. Ensuring that performance and conduct of individuals meets required standards.
- Improve communications within team & with internal/external customers & suppliers
- Formulate and action succession plans for all levels creating team strength in depth
- Ensure contractor management meets the required standards including PTW issuing and all high risk activities including electrical maintenance, confined space, hot work, and working at height activities on shift.
- Ensure site Capital plan is supported through team and implement EEM strategy to support site capital/productivity delivery.
- Ensure Engineering/LEAN/Quality/Standards are deployed on site
- Accountable for all safety attributed to team including PTW system on site to drive improvements in safety standards and legal and regulatory compliance
- Accountable for delivering sites Engineering budget
- Lead the sites inventory strategy/GCS processes, ensuring robust processes are implemented for reduction / risk analysis
- Define and deliver site Asset replacement strategy
- Relevant Decisions (authority level) and scope of the position: (Typical decisions the job have total authority for making without approval)
- Relevant decisions the incumbent takes that create an impact in the business:
- Responsible for the allocation of financial resource within budget constraints (Engineering budget £1.0 million).
- Supports development of future budget based on performance aligned to overall site targets for defined area of responsibility
- Development of systems and programmes to drive effectiveness and efficiency of the maintenance plan
- Ensuring compliance to all local legislation i.e. Elect Regs, Asbestos, Legionella, COSHH
- Maintaining an all green Engineering scorecard (CMMS Data Quality, Reactive v Preventative, Maintenance, Labour Utilisation, Compliance to PM Schedule, P1 Maintenance Completion, Mean Time Between Failure)
- Through effective root cause analysis drive down unplanned downtime and through good planning and coordination ensure the completion of effective planned Downtime
- Implementing effective changes to the plant through good Engineering Change Management
- Week-to-week tactical decisions on technical and commercial issues. Supporting the day-to-day decisions of production planning.
- Ensures team is consistently managed and performs at a level expected of site leadership / Company
- Pro-active, professional and proficient to make decisions on major departmental issues without reference to line manager.
- Must possess strong planning, influencing and an expert in communication, to ensure key stakeholders are informed.
- Must be a professional people manager with experience in making tough decisions.
- This role requires a high level of individual decision making, setting priorities and managing internal & external relationships.
- Self-driven and manages own time.
- Able to seek advice and support from other sites within the UK as well as external suppliers of services.
- As a minimum a time served Engineer or Minimum HND in a relevant Mechanical/Electrical discipline
- Experience within a manufacturing environment preferably food.
Huxley Banking & Financial Services
Huxley Banking & Financial Services