Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Hunters Recruitment & Training
Nr Shoreham by Sea - driver required (free parking)
Up to £34000, 6 month Fixed Term Contract
FT Monday to Friday, holidays: 25 plus 8 bank hols plus Queen's birthday
A minimum 6 month FTC for a qualified Project Manager with an events background for Hunters' prestigious hospitality client. Working with conference teams, the Project Manager will be responsible for the project management of prestigious domestic and international events. The Project Management will lead, coordinate and direct the management and flow of key project milestones and activities. The Project Manager will ensure all events are consistently delivered to a high standard, on time and within budget. The role involves handling a lot of high profile VIPs and demands a high level of organisational skills coupled with gravitas, resilience and an agile/flexible approach to ensure that the project is delivered. Our client requires someone who can think outside the box and problem solve in a flexible way rather than getting hung up on compliance, if the project plan needs to be flexed.
Project management qualification (e.g. Agile, PMP, PRINCE2), or significant relevant experience in senior stakeholder project management.
Exceptional organisational skills, to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills, to motivate and lead your project team.
Proven ability to monitor and control budgets.
Good communication skills, to manage expectations.
Experience in managing external partner relationships.
Ability to use initiative and make decisions under pressure.
Understanding of change management principles.
Experience of Government Policies and Procedures.
Key Competencies required
Seeing the Big Picture
Making Effective Decisions
Collaborating and Partnering
Delivering Value for Money
Delivering at Pace
• Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery. Coordinate with the Programme Director on event strategy and content.
• Deliver events on time, within budget, that meet (and aim to exceed) expectations, managing project risks and any issues arising.
• Set, communicate and maintain timelines, project milestones and priorities on every project.
• Communicate, maintain and develop client relationships. Liaise with Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and other government departments, Embassies, High Commissions, international organisations and other contacts.
• Manage relationships with partners and ensure that contractual requirements are fulfilled
• Manage operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently, to the required timescale and within budget.
• Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to allocated event teams.
• Be responsible for all project budgets from start to finish, including those with Official development assistance (ODA) funding. Maximise participant income using fee negotiation skills.
• Work with the Campaigns and Engagement Officer, be responsible for the communication plan for each event.
• Manage external and overseas events, sourcing and overseeing venues and hotel contracts.
• Ensure excellent customer service and quality delivery.
TUI in the UK
Clinical Professionals Limited