Commercial Account Handler (Cardiff)
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm.
£22,000 - £25,000
Our client; a personal and commercial insurance brokers is looking for an experienced commercial account handler to provide first class service and support to their clients, by supporting the Commercial Executives. They are looking for an experienced handler, familiar with but not limited to policies such as commercial combined, fleet, motor trade, packages, D&O ,pubs, restaurants.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To support the Commercial Executives to provide support for/to commercial clients
• Ensure conversion of new business and create new paper files and/or system records
• Service of existing accounts with retention of renewals to achieve company income targets in accordance with Company procedures and regulatory requirements. Issued levels of personal authority and responsibility recorded in this job file will apply
• Respond to enquiries from Commercial Account Executive, clients and underwriters and ensure that all information is obtained and communicated in a courteous and helpful manner
• Fact find to identify the client's requirements, obtaining quotations using the correct markets, advising the most appropriate terms and cover and to discuss any additional covers to ensure that all the insurance needs are met
• If quotations are verbally accepted, the job holder will issue, with the authority of the Commercial Account executive, written confirmation, providing full details of cover, enclosing proposal(s) for completion and other documentation required to comply with The Financial Conduct Authority regulation
• Ensure that all paper files and/or system records are up to date and accurate following all client contact. Check all insurance documentation is correct
• Manage the departmental diary system
St David Recruitment Services is an Employment Agency providing work-finding services to our clients, candidates and work-seekers. Our Company must process personal data so that we can provide these services and in doing so, the Company acts as a Data Controller.
As a candidate, you may provide personal details to our Company directly in CV form or via our website. Alternatively, we may collect them from another source such as a third party jobs board. As a business, we must have a legal basis for processing personal data and in turn providing work-finding services. In the event that you are a candidate who has formally registered with St David Recruitment Services, please be advised that personal data is processed on the legal basis of 'Contractual Obligation;' the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. In all other instances, where we receive personal data via direct or indirect means, either supplied by yourself or obtained via a public forum, we process data on the basis of 'Legitimate Interest;' processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest to provide work-finding services.
St David Recruitment Services will only share personal data with clients who have authorised us to source prospective candidates for permanent or temporary employment. Specific company names will be disclosed in advance of any data being shared.
As a business, we will retain personal data only for as long as is necessary, on a secure CRM system. The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from the date of their creation or after the date on which we last provide work-finding services. Where applicable, we must also keep payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
As an individual, you have several rights in respect to the processing of your personal data, all of which can be reviewed on our website. This includes the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Recruitment Consultant with whom you initiated contact, or any other employee at St David Recruitment Services.
This e-mail may contain confidential personal data / sensitive personal data and is for the use of the intended addressee(s) only. Onward delivery, copying or similar disclosure of the contents of this e-mail should only be done so in accordance with GDPR legislation. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and take appropriate measures to delete the content. E-mails sent and/or received via our organisation will retained and monitored for the purposes of ensuring compliance with GDPR