Senior Visual Designer
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Aquent
Aquent's Client is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to contract with the Creative Services team in Cupertino. This person is a creative thinker, visual communicator, and can solve complex business problems with simple creative solutions. He/She is a creative lead, working closely with a team of writers, and video experts to create global and localized editorial content on an internal communications platform. He/She has experience in editorial design, have an understanding of interactive design, and be able to iterate varied concepts within an established design aesthetic.
• Has 9+ years of agency or in-house designer experience.
• Has 1+ years of editorial experience in print or digital.
• Has a deep understanding of typography and design for mobile and web.
• Demonstrates a user-empathy approach to design.
• Has a keen awareness of current social, news, and entertainment media spaces.
• Communicates clearly, both verbal and written.
• Presents creative work, sometimes not their own, to multiple teams and to leadership.
• Synthesizes complex information into simple design solutions.
• Is passionate about design and art both in and outside of work.
• Able to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure without losing focus on the details.
• Is a self-starter and is able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
• Able to adjust work schedule as needed to collaborate across international teams and communicate in multiple time zones.
• Is proficient on the latest macOS and iOS platforms.
• Has expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
• Having a working knowledge of the current iWork suite (Pages, Keynote, Numbers) is a plus.
Working across various cross-functional teams, this contractor will work within a design team that takes ideas from concept to execution and shapes editorial content from a strong design perspective. He/She will become familiar with the company in order to build empathy with several audience groups and cultures.
Responsibilities include researching, brainstorming, crafting and executing conceptual designs based on creative briefs and partnerships with the editorial and business teams.
Deliverables include original conceptual artwork, wireframes, prototypes, design mockups, and production of visual assets. He/She will team up with writers, producers, and planners throughout the process. He/She may oversee the execution of conceptual designs through another designer and sometimes may need to perform production tasks him/herself. Other tasks include sourcing photography, illustration, motion graphics, and video; and creating pictograms/icons and information graphics. This person must have seasoned experience working in an iterative process and professionally receiving art direction and feedback.
Bachelor's degree required in a design related discipline, such as graphic design or visual communication. Portfolio and references are required.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills:
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)