Technical Assessment Chemist
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
In this head office-based role with a leading provider of waste analysis, treatment and disposal services, you will handle a range of waste disposal enquiries from customers, providing them with a safe, effective means of disposing of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
Key responsibilities of the Technical Assessment Chemist will include:
* Reviewing and accurately assessing wastes according to current and future guidance and legislation
* Liaising with internal and external laboratories where sample analysis is required.
* Identifying, classifying and labelling waste materials and assisting customers to identify the correct EWC Codes
* Processing data from various types of lab reports on liquid and solid wastes, including WAC tests and MSDS's.
* Applying EPR Permit conditions and Waste Acceptance Criteria as required
* Processing all necessary documentation for transfers and ensuring that all the correct relevant paperwork is in place at the pre-acceptance stage
* Arranging for the collection and analysis of samples when required.
* HND / Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline
* Some knowledge of the current non-hazardous and hazardous waste regulations essential; previous experience in waste management, wastewater treatment, chemical manufacturing, effluent treatment, laboratory services or similar would be of interest
* Previous roles may include Site Chemist, Hazpak Chemist, Waste Transfer Station Chemist, Waste / Water Treatment Chemist, Bench Chemist, Technical Assessor etc
* Knowledge of WM3 and ability to apply it to classify waste is essential
* A good understanding of ADR regulations and the ability to classify waste for transport would be desirable
* Competent in the use of IT
* Able to deal with customers competently and effectively
Our client is an established, expanding waste management company specializing in providing bulk hazardous and non-hazardous waste transport, treatment, disposal, and recycling services to business customers.
To apply, please send a full CV including details of your current salary and benefits package