Junior IT Category Manager - £40k
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Bramwith Consulting
Junior IT Category Manager - Blue Chip FMCG Giant - £35k - £40k - Greater London
Following a recent internal promotion, leading FMCG giant are targeting critical hires to join their esteemed procurement team. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to progress quickly within the firm, with a clearly defined path to senior Category Management within 12 months. You will be responsible for a large budgetary spend within software and hardware IT with the expectation to bring innovative sourcing strategies and category plans across broader indirect categories.
The Junior Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Partnering with stakeholders and engaging with suppliers to ensure optimal procurement efficiency
- Monitor and adjust procurement strategies to drive and sustain effective performance
- Design and oversee innovative category strategies by influencing key stakeholders
- Manage multi-million spends across the IT and Services Categories, with a focus on software
- Negotiate key service contracts with major suppliers to drive efficiency and procurement transformation
- Tangible achievements and experience handling end-to-end procurement within a range of indirect categories
- Continuous progression throughout your procurement career
- An intimate understanding of Indirect procurement with a focus on procuring within the IT category
- MCIPS and degree preferred but not essential
If you have the necessary expertise and ambition to match, then this is a fantastic opportunity to push forward within your procurement career.
To apply to the role, email your CV to Hugo Billyard at: