Experienced Flood Risk or Environmental Professional
Posted on Oct 13, 2022 by Edenvale Young Associates Ltd
Building on a period of sustained growth Edenvale Young is seeking to recruit excellent people at all levels within the flood risk industry. Whether you are a senior flood risk professional seeking a new challenge, project manager or an early career hydrologist / hydraulic modeller with some experience we would like to hear from you. We offer competitive salary, comprehensive training along with opportunities for advancement, flexible and remote working conditions.
Edenvale Young is an established and highly respected consulting practice within the industry. Our company is formed from a team of highly competent and creative people from a range of scientific, technical and engineering disciplines, allowing us to bring a wide range of skills, knowledge and experience to every project we undertake. As a small company, we value highly motivated staff members who seek to continuously expand their knowledge. Our goal is to reduce flood risk through innovative engineering, to improve the environment and advance the state of the art within our industry.
This is a diverse role and will include flood mapping, flood risk assessment, flood forecasting, river restoration, natural flood risk management and survey / site work, depending on experience. The role would involve liaison with clients and the preparation for flood risk assessments and reports based on results and analysis delivered by our hydrology and flood risk modelling teams.
The starting salary will be commensurate with previous experience. Relevant training opportunities to provide personal and professional development are available and encouraged. As a small growing consultancy, there are significant opportunities to get involved in a range of sectors and projects, as well as aspects related to the business running and development. We pride ourselves on being a creative, cutting edge, consultancy within our field, offering the right candidate a unique opportunity to build and develop business streams related to their skills and preferences.
The role will be client facing and tasks are likely to include:
- Project Management in collaboration with partner consultancies.
- Coordinating projects and processes.
- Authoring and reviewing reports and chapters.
- Managing sub-contractors.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of staff.
- Conducting or managing research and site surveys / assessments in line with relevant qualifications and experience.
- Support and contributing to training, research, and business development activities.
- The candidate will hold a relevant degree.
- Project management / delivery experience.
- Excellent communication, IT and report writing skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a technical role within an environmental consultancy or regulatory background.
- Confidence and excellent communication skills.
- Driving licence and ability to travel on occasion.
- Postgraduate qualifications.
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: flood risk, project management.
- Competent in data analysis and mapping (e.g. GIS).
- The candidate will have relevant professional qualifications (ICE / CIWEM) or have evidence that they are working toward these.
Living in Bristol or working remotely
Our offices are centrally based in the lively and historic city of Bristol, a stone s throw from the famous Floating Harbour and other treasures like the Bristol Old Vic. Whilst there are immense benefits to working directly with colleagues within the office environment, if the pandemic has taught us anything, it s that remote working also has an invaluable role to play in the modern world. As such, we are happy to support remote working as an option.
Salary and benefits
- Part time / full time options.
- Options for hybrid working are supported, as is the option to work remotely within the UK.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Company pension.
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Staff facilitated Wellbeing Forum.
- Annual allowance for fitness related purchases.
- Regular training and development opportunities.
Click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and covering letter.