Handyman for a Luxury Residential Complex in New Jersey
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Goldfarb Properties
A successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years "hands on" experience in plumbing work, electrical repairs, and general maintenance, with at least 3 years in a supervisory position. You will be responding to tenant complaints, preparing vacant apartments for new tenants, and supervising the handyman & the porters in your building. Knowledge of control wiring, pumps, burners, and locksmithing is a big plus.
This is the perfect time to join a large and growing Real Estate Company as a working Residential/ Superintendentin a luxury,renovated complex, located in Irvington New Jersey right off the Garden State Parkway. Theowners are completely renovating the entire complex, - offering the right candidate an amazing opportunity to get on board right form the beginning.
Hands on Working Superintendent-Lead on Site Supervisor for Prized Greater New York Owner/Manager. Immediate Opening just 20 minutes south of George Washington Bridge in Essex County, New Jersey. $40,000 to $60,000/year, free two bedroom apartment, plus excellent benefits package. Must have Good Supervisory Skills and be capable of servicing Boilers, Pumps, Motors, Appliances, and able to perform minor carpentry, electrical & plumbing repairs. Trade School diploma and or combination of work or military experience. Must have own tools.
Black Seal License is required / AC License a plus
- On call 24 X 7
- Abllity to change plumbing fixtures- chase leaks- medium to strong plumbing skill required.
- Abillity to change all electrical fixtues (outlets, light fixtures, etc)
- Ability torepair ceramic tile
- Own all necessary tools
- Ability to successfully Snake and clear a drain
- Troubleshoot a boiler
- Must be computer literate, Yardi is a plus
- PositiveCAN-DO attitude a MUST
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Team leader- ability to distribute tasks and follow up
- You will be on call for emergencies.
As Superintendent you are entitled to a free Apartment.
Other Benefits Include: Free Electric & Gas, Workshop/office.
- Provide Superior leadership to a staff of Facilities maintenance employees by instilling; strong customer service environment of professionalism, recognition, & growth.
- Collaborate with Leasing & Security Staff to ensure the highest level of safety, security, and service of the property and its residents.
- Responsible for maintaining good resident public relations.
- Responsible for the physical condition and cleanliness of a 1744 residential unit 8 building, 5 acres of grounds driveways, parking, and green area, gated community.
- Responsible for the proper control of the Tool & Supplies Inventory Control & Purchasing Program.
- Responsible for the proper scheduling, response, and follow-up of all maintenance service requests.
- Responsible for the administration of the Site Quality Assurance Program
- Responsible for the proper accounting of man hour usage and payroll submittals.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of all Federal, State, and Local Ordinances.
- Responsible for identifying and curing Facilities related potential liabilities.
- Responsible for the Training and Development of Site Maintenance Staff.
- Responsible for ensuring all Lease stipulated services are maintained.
- Responsible for submitting capital and operating budget recommendations.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly budget variance reports.
- Responsible for all emergency response and preparedness program.
- Responsible for the proper supervision of third party vendors and service companies.
- Responsible for the proper record keeping and storage of all maintenance logs, journals, work orders, tenant service history records, digital or in written form.
- Responsible for submitting Management Plan Recommendations
- Responsible for submitting periodic progress reports using Building Management generated reports and Microsoft word editing and spreadsheet software.
Goldfarb Properties owns and manages over 6,000 apartments in the New York metropolitan area. The family business recently entered its third generation, and has been in existence since 1953. The company owns and manages approximately60 buildings, the majority of which are residential apartment buildings located in Northern New Jersey, Manhattan, Queens, The Bronx, and Westchester. A sampling of our major commercial tenants includes the City of New York Board of Elections, The City of New York Human Resources Administration, Mount Sinai Hospital, St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital, Bronx Lebanon Hospital, St. John's Episcopal Hospital, Bank of America, CVS, and various other national retailers. Goldfarb Properties employs over 200 people.
[Handyman- Irvington NJ 1/19]