Associate, Global Infrastructure Ratings - Midstream Energy & Merchant
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by S&P Global
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our growing and dynamic Global Infrastructure Ratings group as an Associate based in our New York office focused on the North American Energy Infrastructure sector.
New York, NY or Toronto, ON
An Associate within the Global Infrastructure Practice undertakes rigorous analytical work and is proficient in conducting research and fundamental credit analysis, analyzing financial statements, building financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical reports on rated corporate and project finance entities. The successful candidate is able to work effectively in a fast paced environment, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is customer-oriented, and demonstrates excellent presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in an environment of continuous improvement and high customer service standards while adhering to established ratings criteria, policies and procedures.
The Career Opportunity:
As an Associate, you are working as part of the high growth Global Infrastructure Ratings group at S&P Global Ratings. With the guidance of a senior analyst, a qualified Associate typically maintains direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of rated corporate and project finance issuers. These responsibilities include ongoing surveillance and rating recommendations, repeat analytical contact with rated entities' senior management, and presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies. A high performing Associate is likely to be considered for rating more complex and higher profile issuers, as well as for investor outreach. We prepare our most successful Associates and Associate Directors to become our future senior analysts that act as spokespersons and senior analytical leaders in sector teams.
The Team / Business:
The Global Infrastructure Practice was established by S&P Global Ratings to expand our ratings franchise in an area of strong growth and to leverage our significant global infrastructure expertise across the full range of infrastructure asset classes. Analytical team members reside in 16 locations globally and work on a diverse range of transactions globally applying different ratings criteria, predominantly corporate and project finance. We also work on transactions in partnership with other practices on a regular basis. Effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued.
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in our reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
- With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
- MBA in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics and/or CFA preferred.
- Solid, demonstrable experience (3+ years) within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, or an audit company working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations.
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
- Proficiency with figures and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with deadlines.
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Strong capital markets knowledge; midstream, refining, LNG and merchant power industry experience a strong plus
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution.
Associate, Global Infrastructure Ratings - Midstream Energy & Merchant Power